Infrared Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I did some research about heating systems that can be installed in a new property. I am considering installing infrared heating panels. Anyone has used them at home or office? Any opinions about this particular heating?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I am a Gas engineer and have Gas Central heating at home, I have installed a 1200W infra red panel with a mirror front in my bathroom and a picture front in my kitchen could not be more impressed they are superb, cant really comment on cost of running they are absorbed in the normal electricity bill, but have spoken to other users and have not heard any negative comments, I have installed a few for the bloke that gave me my two and they all are very pleased with them

Is that the infranomic ones ian?
I found a YouTube video on them, think scottish heritage were trialling them at some sites.
Looks pretty good.

I am a Gas engineer and have Gas Central heating at home, I have installed a 1200W infra red panel with a mirror front in my bathroom and a picture front in my kitchen could not be more impressed they are superb, cant really comment on cost of running they are absorbed in the normal electricity bill, but have spoken to other users and have not heard any negative comments, I have installed a few for the bloke that gave me my two and they all are very pleased with them

Thank you for your opinion. I was thinking about installing infrared towel dryer or infrared mirror in my bathroom. Does the mirror reduce damp in the bathroom as it says on most infrared companies websites?
Would you replace gas central heating to infrared heating in your property? Or you would rather use both heating systems?

Sponsored Links
I found a YouTube video on them, think scottish heritage were trialling them at some sites.
Looks pretty good.

This sounds very interesting as for heritage objects they need to be very careful at what they choose..

Do you have any personal experience using infrared heaters?

The hospital block where my partner stayed was 'heated' by infra-red panels. The staff 'Installed' an oil-filled radiator in each room so the patients could keep warm.

Looks pretty good.

Yes thats the ones, you can do lots with them as far as the looks go by getting glass panels printed for the front

The hospital block where my partner stayed was 'heated' by infra-red panels. The staff 'Installed' an oil-filled radiator in each room so the patients could keep warm.

Was it there that cold that patients needed additional heat? I thought that infrared heats everything in the room apart the air..

The problem was that as soon as you put a blanket on, you got cold because the infrafred was heating the outer layer of the blanket only, which would immediately lose its heat to the air. The heat never made it through the blanket! same applied to clothing. It was fine if you were having a shower.

There were multiple other problems with the heating in that block as well, including air conditioning that was so powerful that in the summer the temperature in the rooms was 15C or so, and there was no means of adjustment for staff or patients alike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back