inheritance tax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I like to change my hse deeds from "joint tenancy" yo "Tenants in common" with my wife; Does anybody has any information/experience on the subject; any info greadly appreciated
THanks johnmic

Sponsored Links
I personally would use a solicitor as they are upto date with law & order.Shouldn't cost a lot,but get a quote first as life is too complicated.

Now altogether lads 1,2,3...." There maybe troubles aheaaaaaad !"

As far as I know, joint tenants jointly own 100% of the property. Tenants in common own 50% of the property each.
As the last reply you need to get legal advice (Cher-ching!!!) Possibly cheaper to consult Citizen Advice bureau first.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I changed my deeds a few years ago, i recall obtaining the forms from a London address and after completing them I popped along to the LAND REGISTRY OFFICE at Lytham St Annes (30 miles)where they checked the form and took my cheque ( I think about £45 ). The action was completed about four weeks later.
I had to have a witness to my signature and the staff there was not allowed to participate, but I did get a volunteer.
No solicitor required.
Just to clarify a point , On death the property passes to the surviving joint tenant (Joint tenancy) but not in the case of 'tenants in common'
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
thanks all specially Mandate; tried solicitor who suggested i could do it myself [is that easy];{there are ohnest ones out there}
johnmic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back