Inhibited CH system but can't repressurise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Refreshed the inhibiter in my pressurised CH system today. On repressurising I couldn't get the system off the zero bar mark and found it was discharging straight through the pressure relief valve. I took the whole repressurisation process very steadily, stopping and venting and watching the pressure very closely so I'm as sure as I can be that I didn't over-pressurise.

All I can think is that the previous 7 days I was running cleaner in the system as there seemed to be a fair amount of magna in the filter. Could the cleaner have played a part?

Many thanks,
Phil

Sponsored Links
If it's filling and the gauge isn't showing any pressure are both valves to the boiler open? If not, then as suggested, the gauge tube might be blocked.

Sponsored Links
Wow, that's unusual for a PRV to fail full open where there system then wouldn't hold any pressure at all.

You weren't using the PRV to drain the system were you :sneaky:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back