Inhibitor in new system. All the same? Recommendations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Very brief question after talking of other issues.

I've heard of Fernox.
My old system had Sentinel X100 in it.
My newly fitted system has been charged with "Calmag".

Any good? Never heard of it.

Important......Worth draining and re-filling with X100 inhibitor?

(Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28. 4 small, 2 large radiators

Cheers.

Ian.

Sponsored Links
Does what it says on the tin , is build certificated?, wras approved ?

good enough IMHO ,

some boiler manus stipulate a particular brand , probably because they are paid by the inhibitor manus to do so ?????? truth be known alot of it is the same , but just use different packaging ?? & hike up the price ??

Ahah !!

GasBod.
I see through your devious scheme.
I can tell you're not an expert.
No F&E tank, Its a combi.
Do you think I'm stupid?

If I close both valves on the Magnaclean, then de-pressurise it,
remove the lid, can I put the cig. butts in there?
Would rolling tobacco be better?

Ian.

Sponsored Links
you do have a Magnaclean then your in a easy situation .
Buy some more inhibitor F1 is good cal chem is OK in a week if you have old rads clean your Magnaclean then get a sponge a bowl & a cap off a spray can bail out the water in your magnaclean then sponge out the water at the bottom the cap cant get out when empty F1 is more concentrated 0.5L other stuff we use is 1L it will take about 0.5L put in more inhibitor it wont harm it when you forget it for 3 years or so .clean your Magnaclean then again if old rads clean it again in 1 month then 3 months 6 months then 1 year every year unless loads of crap in .My system was bad but now it as none on after a year so is clean but I still top up inhibitor ,Did you know it saves money as the silt lines the heat exchanger . So yes add more but the stuff in is good just more is better .
And for any one with out a Magnaclean fit one best £85 ever ,Spirotech do not Buy are choc spoons had one in for a year it was so good never needed cleaning replaced with magnaclean it was full in 3 days says it all .

Buy some more inhibitor F1 is good cal chem is OK in a week if you have old rads clean your Magnaclean then get a sponge a bowl & a cap off a spray can bail out the water in your magnaclean then sponge out the water at the bottom the cap cant get out when empty F1 is more concentrated 0.5L other stuff we use is 1L it will take about 0.5L put in more inhibitor it wont harm it when you forget it for 3 years or so .clean your Magnaclean then again if old rads clean it again in 1 month then 3 months 6 months then 1 year every year unless loads of crap in .My system was bad but now it as none on after a year so is clean but I still top up inhibitor ,Did you know it saves money as the silt lines the heat exchanger . So yes add more but the stuff in is good just more is better .
And for any one with out a Magnaclean fit one best £85 ever ,Spirotech do not Buy are choc spoons had one in for a year it was so good never needed cleaning replaced with magnaclean it was full in 3 days says it all .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back