Inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question, I have a 2 zone heating system, upstairs and downstairs are separate zones.

Am I correct that I just need to put the inhibitor into a rad in one of the zones and it’ll just flow through or does each zone need an inhibitor added.

Sponsored Links
One rad is fine then circulate through both zones and HW cylinder zone (coil) if you have one.

@Johntheo5 Thanks mate, have 18 rads, so from some reading, suggests 2x 1ltr bottles of the stuff.

Any recommendations on how long to run through?

Sponsored Links
@Johntheo5 I realised after asking the question, it was an absolutely daft question; yeah I know you leave it in ... guess I was trying to work out, after I do it, how long to leave the rads / HW on for it to initially circulate, but as you say, that doesn't matter as it lives in the system permanently so will innevitably make it's way through the system.

Just ensure the system warms up and all the rads come up to temp, then leave it running for say a normal evening period, that should allow all the fluid in the system to circulate a number of times distributing the inhibitor throughout the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back