Initial Install of a Honeywell HT6360B Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Promax 24/2 HE Plus boiler GC No 41-601-17.

A hot water Cylinder + Emersion heater and Cylinder thermostat

Pump – Multi Head G Pt No 59506180

Valve 1 - Sunvic SZ2301

Valve 2 – Drayton Zone Valve Actuator ZA5

Honeywell ST699 Programmer

A connector board (Picture) = a box with connector blocks which all components are wired into!

2 water reservoirs in the roof

I have recently moved into this house and I am not sure what type of system I have. It seems to be a bit of everything. Not what I am used to! I seem to have 2 systems in one as far as the heating is concerned. When the hot water is on it warms radiators in the Kitchen, Hall Bathroom towel rail and downstairs toilet. All other radiators are controlled by the central heating control.

The hot water cylinder sends water temp info to the boiler when low and the boiler heats the water in the cylinder.

Here’s the thing! I wish to add a Honeywell T6360B room thermostat into my system because currently my heating is controlled by a combination of the timer/Controller and the radiator TRV's. Not very efficiently I can tell you! (just had 1st Gas bill!!)

Please could you tell me where to wire the thermostat? To the controller or the connector board? What cable to use 2, 3 or 4 core? And finally which wire goes where?

Thank you in advance

Bison108

Sponsored Links
'Valve 1 – Multi Head G Pt No 59506180
That's a pump!

Honeywell ST699 Programmer

A connector board (Picture) = a box with connector blocks which all components are wired into!
Can you identify the cable from the ST699 at the connector board?

I wish to add a Honeywell T6360B room thermostat
That's possible, but the DT90E or DT92E (wireless) would be a better choice.

Hi D,

Thanks for taking an interest in my question.

I have traced and labelled all wiring to this connector board and looking at the photo from left to right identified cables are as follows:

1. Valve - Drayton Zone Valve Actuator
2. Honeywell 699 Programmer
3. Pump - Multihead G
4. Valve - Sunvic SZ2301
5. Cylinder Thermostat
6. Mains Power Supply

Thanks again
Bison108

Presumably you know which valve controls the heating. ;)

Locate the brown wire from this valve in the junction box. It will connect to a wire from the ST699 programmer. The thermostat is wired as follows:

Move the brown wire to a spare terminal

T6360B
Connect T1 to where the brown was connected.
Connect T3 to where the brown is now connected.
Connect T2 to a neutral terminal. Make sure it is a neutral - blue wire is not always a reliable guide

If you install the DT90E the wiring is similar. Just substitute terminal A for T1 and Terminal B for T3. There is no neutral connection for this type of thermostat.

Sponsored Links
Thank you D that's very helpful info.

I have just got home from work so I will try it tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Bison108

Hi D,

I have carried out the advice you have given and most importantly I have not blown anything up which is comforting.

The boiler seems to switch on and off via the thermostat so that's good.

I am going to monitor it over the next week so fingers crossed it will be ok.

Thank you very much for the advice you have provided. It has been a great help.

Cheers

Bison 108

Hi D,

Slight hiccup! No heating now. Having disconnected the Brown wire it appears that the valve does not work to let the water into the central heating system.

There is however another live which is an Orange wire to the programmer! Should I try your instructions out using this orange wire in place of the brown wire?

Are you able to tell me which of the terminals in the programmer the correct wire is attached to because I can trace the correct wire from there?

Thanks in advance, again!

No heating now. Having disconnected the Brown wire it appears that the valve does not work to let the water into the central heating system.
If it was working correctly, why have you disconnected the brown (presumably to the valve)?

There is however another live which is an Orange wire to the programmer!
Is this orange from the valve? Which terminal does it connect to in the programmer?

Hi D,

Please accept my apologies. I misinterpreted your instructions initially and it was late last night so I put the wiring back to its original position!

Had another go this morning and took into account you latest post. It made a lot more sense. Sorry I am a bit dull but I think I have got there now.

It is very reassuring to know that people such as yourself are out there to help.

Thanks again for your input

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back