Injector mortar or similar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello experts. Outside our front door are two semi-circular steps. They were constructed from the same blocks (some cut down, to fit) that our paths were block-paved with. Really, they are just shells (or a shell) made from these blocks, which were then filled with sand, and the top layer of blocks set in place. Attached, there is a photo of these steps, which is better than a verbal description.

Anyway, the edge-blocks of the bottom step have suffered from repeated rain, so that the mortar between them (necessarily, the spaces between the blocks are wedge-shaped) has eroded or broken up, so that they need filling again. If this is not done, eventually, the sand will be washed away from inside the steps, and they would collapse.

A few years ago, I employed a tradesman to point up these edge-blocks, but he did not make a very good job of it, so I am considering mending them myself. What I am looking for is a kind of mortar that can be injected with a gun. This would make the job much easier. However, though an injection-type mortar-like stuff was available several years ago, it became unavailable. Can anyone advise me of any tube of stuff that would do the job? Naturally, if it were dark-grey or black, this would be much better than a colour that does not harmonise with the blocks. By the way, any suitable tubes of stuff would need to be available on the UK market.

With thanks in hopes of a helpful reply,
A.W.

Attachments

• Doorsteps.jpg
    Doorsteps.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back