Inlet valve for Beko

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our washing machine is filling up overnight. I guess it's the inlet valve going. Is this a difficult job DIY? It's still usable, but will it get worse quickly so too much will get in when in use?
Probably cost over £100 to get someone in for a 5 year old machine that's about £250 new.

Sponsored Links
I'd take lid off ( 2 screws) or lay machine on side and gain access from the bottom. Take part off. If all good order one and fit.
Most washing machines are easy to work on.

Oh. Drain machine of water from filter

Not very difficult, not an expensive part. I once changed one and found the old one was choked with flakes of rust (the waterpipe had recently been replaced, which I could clean out, but the new one in so no need.

Mine was a Bosch and the valves at the top.

If unattended, the machine can overflow and flood the kitchen, so turn off the tap until you fix it.

Sponsored Links
Scale can build up in the valve. Opening it up and clean should work. It's possible not all makes of valves can be opened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back