Dishwasher not filling up with water - inetrmittent fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have a Beko DWD5411 dishwasher. It has developed a fault recently. When started the pump comes on, drains but then no water comes in to fill it up. I left it for a month, and tried again and it worked fine for couple of washes and then stopped.
I checked the float switch, no water there. Inlet pipe and water pressure fine. Tillted the machine and it worked once but stopped the second time. Made the machine work by rocking/tilting few time but now it has stopped all together. During the last wash it filled up at the start but didn't fill halfway through and the cycle wasn't complete.
If its a faulty inlet valve, can it work intermittently or is there something else wrong (e.g. float switch)? I pressed the float switch and can hear it click. Will appreciate any tips before I go and buy a new inlet valve.
Thanks very much in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back