Inline bleed valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is there an inline air bleed valve available? The best route I can find for my pipe work ends up with the HW tank coil in a loop with no path for air to escape, hence I need a bleed valve like radiators have, but I can't find one. Do they exist? I could add and an extra overflow pipe I guess.

Sponsored Links
The usual method is to tee off just alongside the upper connection to coil, have a short piece of vertical 15mm pipe with an air vent cap soldered on at the end.

Thanks. :D Now I know the right name I can find them. Screwfix only seems to sell them in pack of 10 for some odd reason. Still I guess the local DIY might have them.

Sponsored Links
You can get all sorts - I try to avoid the ones with rubber seal in them. The rad-vent stye - metal to metal, don't stick or clog up anything like as much. You can use a standard rad vent insert (see what your local merchant stocks) and a bush to take the o/d to say 1/2", then use a standard adaptor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back