Inner skin air brick?

4 Jan 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I’m installing some airbricks. My walls are solid wall I.e 2 skins thick and no cavity. I’ll put an air brick on the outside but what on the inner skin? Just leave a hole or another air brick or something else? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Most just leave it, but you can buy a sleeve.
Usually called cavity wall sleeves.
I guess they are for.underfloor ventilation. Liners are only needed for cavity walls to stop the air going into the cavity.
Sponsored Links
Thanks both. Yeah there’s no cavity, so they’d be too long and would need trimming. Seems like overkill, there’s no cavity here for air to go into. Leaning towards just leaving a hole unless building control frown on that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local