insert in poly pipe

Sponsored Links
It may not be a problem depending on what fitting he used. Philmac's stance with their 3G fittings is that because old black pipe is stiffer it does not require an insert. Don't know about other manufacturers though. Still shouldn't be concreted in but besides getting your hammer out there's not a lot that can be done about that now

I wonder why they make inserts for black then. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that they do (I'm talking about OLD black pipe here not the new black that is the same as the blue apart from the colour). I've never seen any, and I'm saying this based on discussions with a Philmac rep so I'm not talking out of my arse unless he was.

I'm not sure that they do (I'm talking about OLD black pipe here not the new black that is the same as the blue apart from the colour)

dunno what we have all been using that bit of copper wasn't an insert then :confused:

"Philmac do.

LD class C light blue/black in 6 sizes up to 2".

LD class D light green/black in 5 sizes up to 11/2".

HD class C dark blue/black in 6 sizes up to 2".

HD classD dark green/black in 6 sizes up to 2".

IRS 134 normal gauge (red) in 6sizes up to 2".

IRS 135 heavy gauge (pale blue) in 5 sizes up to 11/2".

an MDPE metric liner in 5 sizes up to 63mm.

A whole range of reducing sets.

:rolleyes:

Kuterlite also do a extensive range as well.

Sponsored Links
he went and got the bits while he was here so I doubt that he would have got extras or spares. I suppose we will never know unless the house starts floating down the road.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back