Inside bore of 40mm plastic waste pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says, What is the internal bore of a 40mm waste pipe?
I'm looking to insert a 34mm outside diameter extraction hose into a piece of wastepipe. I have a short length of 42mm O.D. pipe but the internal is too large.
Any suggestions on what size I need to get a 34mm I.D.?

Sponsored Links
My project is trying to make a manifold for my dust extractor. The end of the vacuum pipe is flexible rubber with a diameter of 34mm. This fits snugly into the 35mm outlets on my machines. My idea was to have a length of pipe with a number of T joints along the length. From each T joint would come a separate hose going to the individual machines. When I am using a machine the hoses to the others would be plugged so I get full vac pressure on the one I am using. I have some other flexible pipe which will fit the outlets on the machines, it's just connecting to the manifold with the main pipe from the extractor I'm struggling with.

Instead of inserting the rubber hose inside a pipe can it not fit over and be secured with a jubilee clip.

Sponsored Links
I would need some sort of adaptor to fit into the main vac hose and then into the 42mm pipe I have. The T joints would probably be easier to fit to the manifold with standard adaptors but these hoses fit the 35mm outlets so nothing would be needed on that end. It's just getting the manifold inlet hole to be 34/35mm diameter.
I have about 3-4 weeks to try and sort something so not in a rush.

Here are Osma waste dimensions,
ABS,
ABS.PNG

PP, Pushfit
PP Pushfit.PNG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back