Inside corner beads rusted

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi, I'm a newbie here and building a house. My contractor left me, and the house is new but half-finished. It is close enough to finish, but I have trouble with some details. I don't know if they used galvanized corner beads, but they already started showing rust on some edges (photos). I was going to paint the rooms next week so they will be finished (yay!), but I am seeking your help if they need treatment before I use my paint. What's the recommended procedure?

Thanks for your help!

Photo on 12-29-23 at 12.01.jpg
Photo on 12-29-23 at 12.01 #2.jpg

Sponsored Links
If he has done a runner the option to make him replace the beads is not viable sadly.
Either get another plasterer to replace the beads of have a go yourself.
You can try a couple of coats of Zinsser

Sponsored Links
It concret bricks from 2008. The shell was built just before the financial crash. I bought it recently and we decided to insulate extra... so the insulation is inside and then plasterboard on the outer walls. Does that make sense?

I was curious as to whether it may have been a traditional building that originally had lime plaster that had reacted with the beads which from your reply is not the case. Is the room an area of potential high humidity?
I dont know why they actually beaded on internal corners.

Interesting. The photos I sent are from one of the windows in one of the bedrooms. It is not the only window and beaded internal corner that I noticed showing and rusty. This house has been drying out over the past year, there shouldn't be high humidity. Its dry and warm inside... hence why I was so surprised seeing the rust.

I've had a few rusty - my DIY plastering scraping the zinc off. Once painted nothing has come through. I'd take a chance, I'm sure you've got bigger fish to fry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back