Insignia shower units vs Alternatives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have decided on a shower cabin with overhead rain shower, separate hand shower & body jets for my new bathroom installation. I initially decided on the insignia GT9001 for it's features & dimensional requirements etc.

Obviously there are quite a few alternative makes with similar features (some alot cheaper) - Insignia seem to be the 'market leader' & claim to be the best etc etc, as they would of course but a friend of mine has recommended I look at alternative manufacturers.

basically, they had an insignia in their en-suite & they were disappointed with it - there were incorrect components supplied with it & they have had problems - it has broken down twice in less than 3 years & the build quality didn't seem all that good for what it cost! + compared to their previous unit which wasn't an Insignia, he said don't spend the extra!.

The only thing they did say was the after-sales service was very good, but I think that was more down to their supplier, rather than the product manufacturer itself (M.I Group)

So basically I have 2 questions:

1. Are Insignia indeed the 'best' in comparison to other manufacturers?, if not can anyone recommend another decent brand(s) or brands to stay away from!

2. Also suppliers - any recommendations (or anyone to stay away from!) I am based near Coventry, Warwickshire

I have a max budget of around £1100 for the shower unit, so I am willing to buy the Insignia if indeed they are 'the best' as such - or was my friend correct in saying they are not worth the extra!

but if I can get another similar-spec unit for a lot cheaper bonus! (I'm not that bothered about fancy lighting / ipod inputs etc!.

Thank-you in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back