Inspections on new door opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I plan to make new door opening and merge two door openings in a load bearing internal wall as pictured below. Lintels and padstones are to be calculated by structural engineer, but how about building regulations? Do I need to contact local authority and arrange an inspection? If yes, on what stage? Before work or after? I will be doing work myself.

Thanks for any advice
Paw.

Sponsored Links
You need Regs approval, tell them before you do the work, they will need to inspect the lintels before anything is plastered over.

Look on your Local Authority's website in the Building Control section, you will find a little form that you need to submit and pay the fee before you start. You'll be doing this on a Notice which means you're not submitting drawings to be approved beforehand. You can just send the SE's calcs to BC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back