Swapped door and window in current openings

Sponsored Links
Nobody is relying on Google (I really don't know why I'm replying again, maybe so the OP isn't misled, maybe because you're being annoying).

My statement is completely correct. Yes, they could prosecute within 2 years under Section 35 but that's not the usual route against a householder. Or are you saying it is?

They are not going to take out an injunction because the work only needed notifying under Part L and no structural or safety issues are involved.

Sponsored Links
I still want to know who complained. Not that the OP is in a position to know that.

Means of escape is now better than before as it was previously compromised by the original kitchen layout. Think the "complaint" was by the inspector who has been next door for building works and thought he would generate some income for the council. For me I thought the spirit of the directive is for new areas created. On another property I moved the patio doors to the extension and changed the glazing. This case is not as part of a newly created area. Obviously the energy used to create a new door and the glazing will far outstrip I guess using my pefectly seviceable original back door. Probably serves me right for not finishing off but guess old hawkeye would still have spotted it. You guys are really helpful

If you have left exposed breeze blocks your neighbours probably complained about it being an eyesore. So I'd guess you are right, if you had rendered and dashed it you'd be home free.

If you have left exposed breeze blocks your neighbours probably complained about it being an eyesore. So I'd guess you are right, if you had rendered and dashed it you'd be home free.
Or if the neighbour had cleaned up his dog mess....

Or if the neighbour had not had that noisy party....

Or if the neighbour had invited the neighbours to that noisy party....

Or if the neighbour had not parked their caravan where they did. Never underestimate the ill feeling of a disgruntled neighbour.

Things that can cause annoyance ought to be covered in covenants for the property. S new place I'm in the process of buying has covenants against boats, trailers, caravans, keeping animals that cause a nuisance, and there is one cover all covenant against doing things that cause a nuisance or annoyance. Obviously i'd have to go to court to prove that somethings is/was in fact an annoyance but I'd be upset seeing something done to a neighbouring propert that could stop people buying mine in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back