instaling new shower/wc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im just about to update my bathroom so i have two questions.
1st whats the best thing to lay a stone shower try on (and please don't say "the floor") most reccomend sand/cement mix is this ok. ?
2nd my new wc is going in a new position i can easily cut the soil/vent stack and connect to this and block the old soil pipe, i live in a bungalow and the vent pipe im talking about comes from the ground and is just a vent to the manhole the exsisting wc waste is separate as is the gully for the sink will the vent pipe be ok to use for a wc outlet ?
any advice please.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
With regard to your vent pipe..... you need to check if it has a slow bend underground otherwise you will get blockages.
:(
Vent pipes are normally only there to vent the sewers.

how ????
i have a vent in my front garden
this one runs up the rear wall next to the drain
or should i dig it all up the manhole is only 3 feet away

You`ve got an old house. the vent in the garden, is it @ low level? It`s an air inlet. Have a look in the manhole that you mentioned ,I`ll bet the vent pipe comes in @ the side, with a sharp bend, as Bahco thought too. Best to dig out and renew. You should contact building control, that`s Should ;) Sand/cement is fine for tray on solid floor.

Sponsored Links
You're not saying that Building Control shouldn't be informed are you Nige? ;)

Perish the thought :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back