Installation Budget

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to budget for a new central heating boiler.

I am having an old free-standing boiler removed a new combi installed,
removing a hw cylinder in the bathroom & loft tank. I would estimate 2 days labour would be involved.

Any ideas what a plumber would charge for 2 DAYS LABOUR in the MIDLANDS area?

ta

Sponsored Links
I love it when customers know more than you. I also love it when they advise you to "keep the price keen".

Both these things motivate me to really try to get that jpb.

This ones better though. Two days at plumber rates. I'd say pay no more than £300 tops. Offer cash to try and get the price down a bit. BTW, fittings cost plumbers nothing, so don't let them try and rip you off there either.

How doyou know it will take TWO days ??????

I don't... but knowing a daily rate would give me an idea
of how mutch to expect. Don't want to waste anyones time coming round
to quote if i just simply can't afford it.

Sponsored Links
Total probably between £1300 and £3500.

Would you tell a surgeon how long he had to do an operation, or a dressmaker how long for a wedding dress?? No, you wouldn't be so silly. So why do people do it with heating engineers?

Installing boilers isn't something a guy can do day after day, so don't go by a day rate.

mmm... thanks all for the feedback, fellas, ...but that wasn't the question.

Forget: "How many days will it take?"

Q: what would you expect a plumber to charge for a day's labour?

ta

A minimum of £300 + VAT per day plus materials, parts etc etc, and if you supply the parts, no warranty on the parts supplied.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back