Installation diagram for Worcester 24i Junior RSF (gas) boil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to install a programmable room thermostat for my Worcester 24i Junior RSF combi boiler and I am struggling to make it work.

My problem is that I am not sure which connections to use for the switch on the room thermostat. I am installing it using volt free switching and I cannot work out which terminals to use on the boiler for the switches. I understand that the installation manual has wiring diagrams included but I cannot find the relevant manual on the Worcester website.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Many thanks,

Joe

Sponsored Links
You are looking for terminals marked Rn Rs Rl

The boiler is looking for 230v (nominal) at Rl.

If your programmer can take 230v connect one wire to Rs and the other to Rl. In so doing the boiler will send 230v out through Rs and when the programmer wants heat it will return it down to Rl.

Now it is a long time (well a year but my memory is shot to bits these days ) since I fitted a Worcester so I don't recall if there is a link between Rl and Rs but if there is remove it.

i could toss the manual up into the air and see if it lands in your email inbox. You have given me no better means to get it to you, and i am away for a long day in a minute.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I have terminals Ns Ls and Lr, with a bridge between Ls and Lr. Are these just different names for Rn, Rs, Rl? and if so, can I just remove the bridge and connect one wire each to Ls and Lr. (I assume these mean Live Switch and Live Return - is that correct?)

By the way, I managed to find the manual after a bit of digging around.

Cheers,

Joe

Sorry you are right it was early for me.

Remove the link replace it with two core that goes to your controller and back. Bear in mind 230v travels along that 2 core so don't use bell wire.

Sponsored Links
Look at the worcester site you can download installation manuals from there, look in the discontinued section my 24i was there last week, good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back