Installation of a new oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've always installed my oven in the past however if I install my new oven myself will I invalidate my home insurance and possibly have problems selling my property in the future. Please can someone confirm this either way.
Should also add this is a simple installation, disconnecting the old installation and connecting the new into the existing set up.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You may have always done it yourself but you are obviously not qualified to do it.:eek:

I've always installed my oven in the past however if I install my new oven myself will I invalidate my home insurance and possibly have problems selling my property in the future. Please can someone confirm this either way.
Should also add this is a simple installation, disconnecting the old installation and connecting the new into the existing set up.
Not enough info , if it’s electric then can be as simple as plugging it in?
Will it invalidate insurance.? No.

Sorry yes it is electric and hardwired into the socket does that mean i can do it myself

Sponsored Links
Is the new oven same rating as old oven? Could cause a problems with the electrics if it is a more powerful oven for instance.

Is the new oven same rating as old oven? Could cause a problems with the electrics if it is a more powerful oven for instance.
The new oven is rated at 13 amps not sure what the old one is don't imagine it to be lower than that but I am 100% sure that the socket is rated for 32 amps and is only used for the oven.

The new oven is rated at 13 amps not sure what the old one is don't imagine it to be lower than that but I am 100% sure that the socket is rated for 32 amps and is only used for the oven.
13amp oven just plugs in standard socket .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back