New Oven : Kitchen Housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello : ive found this site useful in the past, so thought it would be a good place to ask a question. I am not sure of which forum to post this in, so if it is in the wrong one please, sorry :D

Our double oven in on its last legs, so it is time to replace it :( It is an electric double oven, which is a fair few years old. The oven has a "frame" around it which gives it ventaliation on the top and bottom. However this frame means that that "gap" in the housing is approx 117cm tall (width and depth are standard). New ovens obv. dont come in this size, so I am wondering what I can do?! ( A new kitchen isnt on the boards yet)

In the unit, there is a storage cupboard below and above the oven; and my first plan was to lower the cupboard to the required height. Looking at the housing the shelve is a fixed one, and so not easily moved..

This lead on to is it possible to buy "blanking plates" for hte housing.. the only problem would be finding a match, which then lead onto can you still buy ventalations grills which i could fit into the housing at the top (and bottom if reqired) which would then act as blanking plates!

failing that, how easy it is to remove the shelf in order to lower it down ?

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back