Installation of new bathroom suite/new WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have bought a new house which is mid 70s and has avocado bath and sink and separate WC.

I have asked a plumber to price up labour charges for installing new bath, sink and putting a new WC in bathroom. The bathroom is 5'6" by 8ft. The bath is a 5'5" and we are trying to squeeze a WC in the bathroom and keeping the sink. The present WC is in the adjacent W/C room.

What would be reasonable labour charge for replacing bath, moving sink to side and fitting new WC with making hole thru wall and connecting to soil pipe outside. The other Wc will remain. There may be connecting issues but the plumber assures me it can be done.

Sponsored Links
david35 said:
I have asked a plumber to price up labour charges for installing new bath, sink and putting a new WC in bathroom.
What would be reasonable labour charge for replacing bath, moving sink to side and fitting new WC with making hole thru wall and connecting to soil pipe outside?
Why do you think that your plumber's price will be anything other than reasonable? :rolleyes:

we are trying to squeeze a WC in the bathroom and keeping the sink.

URRRRGGGHHHH You wash your pots in your bathroom! What a Minger!!!

Take the sink out and either fit a wash basin there or the new W.C.

Anywhere between £10 and £100 per hour is reasonable depending on the skill of the guy working on your bathroom.

You haven't read the forum rules have you?

Sorry got my words mixed up...i didn't mean kitchen sink...meant wash basin in bathroom. i don't know why someone would have a kitchen sink in bathroom.... we have a bath, washbasin in bathroom and are fitting an extra WC in house for kids in the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
Prob 2 long days work depending on buggeration factor connecting into
soil pipe (ie cast iron or plastic )

Purchase sanitary ware from local bathroom suppliers ,most suppliers will have business cards of local plumbers get 3/4 quotes (cheapest isnt always best ) "the quality remains long after the price is forgotten"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back