Installation of new Gas Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Don't know if there is anyone out there that can help me on this one...

We are about to have a new Gas Cooker installed, but I don't know whether to use the installation service the appliance supplier provides or to use my regular tradesman...

Using the appliance supplier probably the simplest way, but I need to know if the gas supply line I currently have has the correct fitting. I have attached an image showing this and as can be seen it is a screw type fitting with a tap.

Everything I have recently seen refers to a bayonet fitting.

Can anyone tell me if this will be okay for the fitter to use, or do I need to get it changed by my regular tradesman (who may as well commission the new cooker at the same time)

Your help is appreciated.

Best regards,

James

Sponsored Links
If that gas feeds live its illegal !!

It should be capped off.

Use either it doesnt matter !!

We haven't used this since we moved into the house - there was an electric cooker already fitted and this was behind it!

I have been tempted to turn the tap to verify that it is live, but daren't just in case it is and I can't turn it off again!!

I have contacted my usual gas tradesman and he is going to come round and bring it all up to current regs :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back