Installing a bath - securing the rear feet - how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When installing a new bath, how does one reach the rear feet to screw them to the floor boards?
Or does one simply not bother, and just adjust them so they are supporting the bath, only securing those feet that can be reached?

Sponsored Links
you can screw them in at an angle but can get away without doing them just do the front & middle ones , make sure you have battens which you screw into thou

you can screw them in at an angle but can get away without doing them just do the front & middle ones , make sure you have battens which you screw into thou
not direct into the floorboards as the existing bath was?

NO , you need to spread the load of the bath and make sure you fill the bath with water before you silicon the bath as well

Sponsored Links
NO , you need to spread the load of the bath and make sure you fill the bath with water before you silicon the bath as well
I know about the silicone bit.

Would I be better off using sheet material?

I'm guessing sheet material you mean ply , ' no ' just use some 3 by 2 or alike . using battens is especially important when going onto floorboards .

The floor boards run the length of the bath.

Should I run the battens lengthwise or widthwise?

I call them bearers.

Run them so they each rest on at least two joists, so along the floorboards.

But the floor boards already run across the joists.

Joists run
||||||

Floorboards run

====
====

The bath well run the same direction as the floorboards.

So do the "bearers" run parallel to the floorboards and perpendicular to the joists?

Or perpendicular to the floorboards and parallel to the joists?

doh :LOL: sorry mate to confuse . ( got misses in my ear ) listen to above .

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back