Installing a corner radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all

I`m wanting to swap this radiator valve for a trv corner type, i`m completely clueless with this but to me it looks like the radiator fixing is a different size to the 15mm corner valve i want to fit, any ideas if i`d need to replace the radiator insert/tail in order for it to fit the new valve?
Thanks alot
ApplicationFrameHost_NO8jn6MbgB.jpg

Sponsored Links
1. The valve in place has what is called a "Union" fitting between radiator tail and valve.
2. The valve held in a hand is a compression fitting. This type of fitting is in the majority these days.
3. You have two options:
3.1 Keep the new valve, and change the radiator tail to suit. It is highly likely the new valve came with a new tail. There are various videos on-line on changing tails. Its not a complicated process, but needs some care with the PTFE / thread cord / liquid sealant necessary to seal the tail into the radiator. You will almost certainly need a special tool to get the old tail out of the radiator. Something like Screwfix item 11467. You will need an adjustable spanner or a decent set of grips to fit the new one.
3.2 Change the new valve for one with a union fitting, if you can get a suitable one.

What does the other valve in the box look like?

Corner valves come as a handed pair.

ah ok thanks, is i`m assuming this is the radiator tail that came with the valve.

ApplicationFrameHost_QuCag2Vq2a.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back