Installing a downstairs toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
  1. I'm installing a downstairs toilet in my house and I've a question about what is the best way of contecting the new soil pipe in to the exsisting manhole which is about 2 meters away. The upstairs soil pipe is highlighed in the picture below in green, red is where the new pipe will come out of the wall, blue is the man hole where the waste goes in and I added yellow just to show where the rain water goes. Next to the man hole I have cut out a channel, i was thinking of extending this to the red dot area so i can come out of the wall and then bury a 110mm pipe in that channel. Where would the best place to enter the drain based on my last 2 pictures? Or would you suggest someting else. Im getting the whole walk way redone in resin and wanted to get the pipework down before they start work to save money.
  2. Full Run .jpg

3. Man hole cover off.jpg

4. Cover off and wall view .jpg

Sponsored Links
The easiest way to do it will be to run along the wall from your red dot (maintaining fall) and T into the existing SVP. Don't think you'll get 110 mm pipe past the existing manhole myself and if you do, you might hit the rest bend at the base of the SVP (drains aren't all that deep are they?). Yes it'll look a bit average and you'll have to do something about the square downpipe. Working a new pipe into that manhole would be dicey- you'd be running against the direction of flow which is not recommended

Does the rainwater really hit that yellow-dotted manhole (from the square downpipe next to the blue dot manhole)?

If you're going to relay the whole of that path you might want to think about checking the condition on those clay pipes beforehand- might be a good opportunity to replace all the underground with plastic (unless you're on a shared drain in which case not yours to play with)

PS Projects is NOT the best place to get queries answered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back