Installing a shower over a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into a new (3yrs old) house and would like to fit a shower over the bath. What things do I need to consider when choosing the type of shower? I'm beginning to think that a mixer shower would be best to save on the wiring for an electric shower. Can I run a mixer shower straight off of the bath taps? If so, which models should I look at? This would also save on the pipework I guess which sounds good to me.

I believe I have a potterton powermax boiler if that helps at all.

Thanks

Webby

Sponsored Links
That would involve some pipework would it not? Are the ones that work off the taps a decent solution?

Are the ones that work off the taps a decent solution?

Nope ...... Theys cheap & nasty :(

Getta electric one, they are easy to fit & work a treat, well they do if you get summink decent ...... Think £300 for the shower alone

Here :eek:

Sponsored Links

If you've only got the 85lt model you will probably run out of hot water, if you enjoy long showers.

Are the ones that work off the taps a decent solution?

Nope ...... Theys cheap & nasty :(

Getta electric one, they are easy to fit & work a treat, well they do if you get summink decent ...... Think £300 for the shower alone

Here :eek:
When I said "work off the taps" I meant a shower that feeds directly from the tap unit like the aqualisa aquamixa NOT the rubber type that you shove onto the taps themselves.

If you've only got the 85lt model you will probably run out of hot water, if you enjoy long showers.

I will check that out, thanks Baxpoti.

Edit: It is almost certainly the 85 model, but it does have a separate cylinder fitted above it. I'm not sure what that is yet! It's quite small, about the size of a plastic fuel can I guess. Is it an extra hot water cylinder?

it does have a separate cylinder fitted above it. I'm not sure what that is yet! It's quite small, about the size of a plastic fuel can I guess. Is it an extra hot water cylinder?

No, this is the secondary expansion vessel

On looking at the boiler I can see that it's the 115ltr model, so that's a bonus I guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back