Installing a Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but just about to install my new shower, have a resin stone shower tray which is going to be laid on tongue and groove flooring. I have seen that you can cement them in place or use silicon sealant on the underside of the tray, which one is best to use???

Sponsored Links
Can't see the cement sticking to a wooden floor :LOL:

Use Gripfill for a very permanent fixing or silicone. :D

Most stone resin tray manufacturers seem to specify bedding it on a bed of cement-based mortar. The purpose of this isn't to "stick" it to the flooring, but to prevent any unsupported areas that could leak to weakening of the tray.

I've always used a layer of silicone sealant instead, taking care not to leave any large exposed areas, but if you're at all unsure then you should follow the MI in order to uphold the warranty.

I've put mine on a wooden floor and somebody recommended tile adhesive for wooden floors. Dont know if thats anygood. I used silicon

Sponsored Links
I am about to install a stone resin tray too, has anyone laid a shower tray on top of laminate flooring? I plan to use silicon to secure it to the laminate flooring.

Does this sound ok?

dunno ?

if u r going to go ahead u'll needto atleast screw it down alot under the shower area...u dont want any movement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back