Installing a Thermostat on an Ariston Clas Premium EVO 24 FF

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hey folks,

I'm pretty sure this is a very beginner question, but I wanted to get some advice before I crack-on with this project, just in case it can't be done.

I have an Ariston Clas Premium Evo boiler in my place (in Madrid), but it doesn't have any timer or any thermostat installed anywhere. As far as I can tell, I can only turn the heating on and off manually on the boiler (as you can see here, the circle on the right is where the optional timer should be):

ariston.jpg

I wanted to install some form of thermostat to give me some sort of control over the heating timings, so I don't have to remember to manually turn it on and off all of the time, it's really inconvenient. I haven't got the thermostat yet, but it will probably be along the lines of a BEOK one I've used before with WiFi controls etc. But before I go ahead, I wanted to make sure I can even install it, I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking at.

This is the PCB of the boiler:

aristonpcb.jpg

The guides I've seen for the Ariston-specific control unit have it plugging into the Orange BUS port on the PCB. I am not sure if I need to wire any 3rd party thermostat into there, or if I should be using the TA1 connection, which I'm sure I've used in the past.

The Thermostat I will probably get should look something like this:

thermo 2.jpg

I guess what I'm really asking, in the simplest terms, is what connections from the back of the thermostat need to go into what connections on the boiler PCB?

I hope all of that makes sense. Sorry for the long post, I was trying to get as much detail as possible in. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks very much,
Cheers, James

Sponsored Links
You can use that thermostat with that boiler no internal timeclock needed, but you have to be very carefull, do not use any links you will see in other posts, you need a L&N from the boiler to L&N on the stat , and 1&2 from the stat replace the link in TA1 at the boiler, DO NOT link L&1 at the stat

Great, thanks very much for the response. I think I see what you mean! That will be very useful.
Thanks again!

Sorry, one more (stupid) question actually.

If I do go with a powered thermostat instead of a battery powered one, can I steal the power from the boiler somewhere, or do I need to install the thermostat somewhere near a mains adapter for the power?

Thanks again,
Cheers

Sponsored Links
No you need to take the power supply to the thermostat from the same circuit as the boiler, either direct from the boilers supply, or from the boilers fused spur, you cant use a mains adaptor to power it

Great, thought so! I guess that's the L and N wires from the green connector on the thermostat PCB I'd need for that, as you mentioned before?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back