Installing a timer for Vaillant Turbomax VUW 242E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above boiler at the house we recently moved in. The boiler doesn't have a timer unit on it and I'm wondering whether I can plug in one myself. I searched the internet to find the part (no. 300881) and seems I can get one for it.

Is it an easy job? Is it a plug-in type devise or do I have to do some wiring? I'm hoping it is just a simple plug-in type of job and everything should work ok. Do I have to open the control panel or can I just prise the existing cover out of the control panel and plugin the timer. Is there any particular precautions I should take apart from isolating gas and electricity?

Sponsored Links
An external programmable thermostat would be more versatile and probably about the same price.

Tony

An external programmable thermostat would be more versatile and probably about the same price.

Tony

The boiler in not connected to a thermostat currently. So I thought a timer would be a sensible option for this type of boiler. Any advise of whether it is an easy job or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back