Installing a Wireless Thermostat on a Sime Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Any assistance is massively appreciated on this:

I have a Sime boiler (I've put a link to the manual here: www.eposwizard.co.uk/downloads/Boiler Installer Manual.pdf ) and would like to add a Wireless programmable thermostat to control it, the model I have which is hopefully up to the job, is a Salus RT300rf.

The boiler manual instructions just mentions removing the current link between terminals 10 & 11 and connecting the new wires, which is easy enough.

Looking at the Salus Thermostat though just confuses me as there are 3 ways of wiring it in the manual and one tells me to remove a link wire if using a Volf Free installation as well as having a sticker over it with SL(Off) and SL(On) and I don't get which system I should be following.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction and advice on what wires need to go where and how I am best going about it?

I've included a picture of the back of the Thermostat to show what I am trying to say.

Thank you for your time.

Sponsored Links
So

You need to use the voltage free option as the boiler uses 24v to the stat.

Remove the link on the stat receiver
You'll still need to provide mains voltage live and neutral to power the receiver (that's the bottom 2 terminals in your pic).

Connect the COM and NO terminals to the thermostat connections on the boiler.

That's it.

Only fitted one of those yesterday.

I don't know if I was just unlucky or too strong but, on fitting the wires, two of the terminals came out of the board.

Luckily you can dismantle it and resolder them.

Also, note the terminals are quite deep - make sure the wires go right in.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, it worked a treat.

Really appreciate your help and advice on this.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back