Installing Air Bricks Problem

Cutting into concrete - sounds mega noisy and dusty.

Yep.. Good PPE and a beer helps I find..

Basically fitting air bricks front and back of a building are the best design as the pressure differential is greatest then (eg wind blowing across)

Sponsored Links
OP,
You say in post #1 that there are air brick positions in-situ in the walls - why not post pics showing where these blocked air bricks are - this should also show the outside ground levels?
Pics of inside showing the wall /floor abutment &, if boards are lifted, then show where the above air bricks entered the sub-area (usually in the bays between the joists).

If you have a floor access trap you could go under and examine things - including looking for any rot in joist tails or the affect of excess condensation.

Typical requirement for air bricks ventilating suspended floors is every 1500mm - 1600mm centres on all accessible elevations.
Is your left hand elevation open?

Hi tel765

Apologies I may have incorrectly spoken. What I mean to say is I think there are air bricks in-situ, albeit rendered over. Until I either remove the render or the floorboards to properly inspect I cannot say for sure. In this house it would not surprise me that they have simply removed them. Every decision made to this house thus far has been almost comedic and so why wouldn't you remove the air bricks?!

Anyway, I will be taking the opportunity to look under the floorboards when the new laminate flooring goes in.

The left hand elevation is not open and due to the fact it's adjacent to the neighbours property, i.e. my left wall and his path are flush, means digging it up and doing things properly is not likely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back