Installing an oak worktop on top of a laminate worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to attached an Oak worktop in the same fashion as the below, except I'll be using a few stainless steel legs instead of the vertical piece of wood.

The Oak worktop will lay on top of a laminate worktop which ideally I don't want to drill through therefore I want to use some sort of adhesive. Can anyone make any recommendations please on what adhesive would be suitable in this situation?

Many thanks
Jasperr

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-30_12-50-12.png
    upload_2021-9-30_12-50-12.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    896.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Silicon would hold it though a bracket secured to underside of timber top could also be use to clamp it in place.

Good luck with that. Personally I'd have a couple of fixings (Z-brackets) underneath if only because of wood movement. I also feel that the possibility of cupping or bowing of the timber worktop where it overlays the laminate should be given serious consideration - and this is one reason I'd probably want to mechanically connect the two worktops, albeit with provision for wood movement

Sponsored Links
I would be inclined to screw up from the underside. Why don't you want to screw through the laminate?

Will you be screwing the legs to both the underside and the floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back