Installing an Overflow Pipe in Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Having had a bathroom installed recently, for various reasons I do not want to get the plumber back, but, I find that the toilet cistern is not fitted with an overflow pipe. I would like to put one in myself if possible and wondered if you can buy overflow pipe kits? The cistern has a capped outlet at the bottom, and the outside wall just below has the hole drilled through for the overflow pipe where the previous one was. Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
This will be an enlightenment to you!!!

If the cistern were to have a leaking inlet valve then it will safely flow into the toiler bowl!

Such are the advances in plumbing!

Tony

Yes it's "progress" - if the inlet valve leaks, nobody notices, or if they do they don't bother to do anything about it until the toilet bowl has a thickly limescaled river flowing down it. :rolleyes:

Or" Rivers of Blood "if Joe 89 installed it :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
"Rivers of Blood" was not a Status Quo hit! It was the famous speech by Enoc Powell!

Perhaps you meant "Red River Rock" by status Quo ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back