Installing belfast sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

Ive had conflicting advice about how to go about installing a belfast sink, the two options which have been put forward are:

1) Install worktop with cut out
2) Install and check plumbing for tap (which is set into worktop)
3) Slide in belfast sink between worktop and cabinet
4) Install waste etc

Alternatively:

1) Install and position sink
2) Install worktop
3) Lie on back and get a hernia reaching up behind sink to install tap
4) install waste etc

Instinctively I prefer the first alternative, but I cant see how it is possible to slide a sink into a 25cm tall space, when it is 25cm tall anyway, plus a 2-3cm bulge out the bottom of it where the overflow meets the waste pipe....

Advice much appreciated from anyone who has done one of these before, as my worktop fitter is coming today! :eek:

Cheers

Sponsored Links
1. If the base unit has adjustable legs, I would consider getting the plumbing copacetic, fit the sink to the base with the undercarriage retracted, then wind down the legs to jack it up into position before fitting the trap to the waste.

or

2. Fit sink.
Extend the tap tails so the ends are accessible below the bottom (or to the side) of the sink when the worktop is installed.
Fit worktop with taps installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back