Installing Celotex Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to install some 60mm celotex pir board, batten and then plasterboard exactly as per celotex instructions.

The only thing i'm not sure about it what screws to use to fix it to the wall. They have to go through the battens 25mm and the board 60mm. I was thinking of getting 160mm framing fixing screws. Would these be suitable.

Obviously i wan't to make sure the screws will be strong enough because the plasterboard is screwed into the battens.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
depends on what you are fixing to? solid 9inch wall, solid stone wall, cavitiy wall..Do you have damp issues on the wall you are fixing the battons to? have you thought about dabbing thermaback plus boards to said walls? bearing in mind the dabs pull in moisture and bridge

Thanks for the replay

Everything is bought and ready to install. I'm fixing it to Thermalite Blocks in a garage conversion. There are no damp issues. The reason for doing it this way is purely cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back