Installing Drayton Wiser to Worcester Junior 24i + mechanical stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into our house in 2015 and had the old boiler removed and a combi fitted. The old system had water tank in the loft and cylinder on the 1st floor in a storage cupboard.

The new boiler was installed in place of the old boiler and the cylinder / water tank was fully removed. Everything has been working fine but recently we have decided to install the Drayton Wiser system to better control the heating for each room.

The combi system when installed was only setup with the MT10 controller on the boiler itself and the original thermostat on the 1st floor (hallway) was kept in use.

I have drawn a diagram with photographs to try and explain how it is all connected but I am wondering where I can put the Drayon Wiser controller. I believe I could use the on/off from the stat, but the Wiser needs mains power so it will need to go in someplace where it's on the mains too.

If anyone has any experience fitting similar to the same sort of setup it would be appreciated, at least before I get an electrician out.

Thanks,

Sebs

Sponsored Links
As far as I can tell I think I should do the following:-

- Mount the new Drayton Controller next to the boiler so that it uses the same isolation spur
- Wire the controller from the boiler which will remove the current upstairs thermostat as I'll remove those control connections re-routing them into the Drayton.

Going from the Worcester manual I want to do this?

upload_2019-1-10_16-24-20.png

Hi LondonEch, did the wiring you describe above work? I live in bristol and am going to attempt the same install next week... just want to make sure. Any advice would be appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back