Installing gutter on conservatory joint to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have this problem with a DIY conservatory I installed. The conservatory company just gave me this aluminium channel to install against the wall on the house, under the roof tiles. The thing is they did not give me any real connection system to the rain down pipe. And still I have to connect the gutter from the roof tiles next to the conservatory.
All I have been able to think of is to cut to shape a rectangular gutter and insert it in the aluminium extrusion, as on the second photo. I could put a sealant or felt on the joint.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The thing is they did not give me any real connection system to the rain down pipe.
They should've done! However have a look at using a hopper type then run a top short downpipe into it which will make it slim and tidy
schematic_stone_gutters_03.jpg

And still I have to connect the gutter from the roof tiles next to the conservatory.
Not sure why it's your problem :confused:

The thing is they did not give me any real connection system to the rain down pipe.
They should've done! However have a look at using a hopper type then run a top short downpipe into it which will make it slim and tidy
schematic_stone_gutters_03.jpg

And still I have to connect the gutter from the roof tiles next to the conservatory.
Not sure why it's your problem :confused:

Do they sell this hopper type as part of a gutter system? To answer my own question, yes I found it in places like Screwfix

The other one is not really a problem it is just the sight of the pipes

I can't understand why the channel is very low, ideally the box section channel should higher just under the roof tiles

Sponsored Links
I would contact your conservatory supplier. You should have a plastic adapter that slides into the box gutter that a gutter outlet would just clip onto.
Get them to send you both the adapter and a gutter outlet, There should be diagrams of it in your instructions.

Once thats in place you can work the rest of the gutter and pipes around it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back