Installing heating pipework in wall in plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just wondering if i can have some advice installing 10mm or 12mm plastic pipe is to serve a radiator in the living room.

I plan to channel the wall fairly deep and threading the 12mm pipes into this flexible pastic conduit with a coil of 12mm so there will be no joints in the wall as such.Use conduit clips to attach withing the wall and hopefully plaster accross.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-5m-Flexible...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Would this be a suitable method? There are concrete floors all downstairs and would rather not box the pipes if i can help it.

I plan to feed two radiators using the same method tapped from 15mm tails on the flow and returns off radiator in the above rooms,would a manifold be better or just easier?

Thanks any help appreciated

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Just run the 10mm pipe in the wall channel and plaster over it. If you have any joints in the wall, very unusual, tape over these first.

cheers for the reply,shold i use standard barrier pipe or invest in some quad-pex barrier for under the plaster

Sponsored Links
I've only ever used standard speedfit barrier pipe. The only problem you may get with pipes in plaster, is slight hairline cracking of the plaster due to expansion in the pipes.

Give the pipes some room to move. Plastics expand quite a lot with heat.
If you use small diameter like 10mm (which is about 6.4mm id) it'll be (even) harder to balance with the upstairs rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back