Installing Hive2 into worcester 28i junior with no current stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I've received my Hive2 from amazon and i'm trying to figure out how to wire this in.

the system is set as a combi boiler

we do not currently have a thermostat at all, the boiler has a manual timer fitted to it (the kind where you move the little plastic tabs)

I'm a little stuck as to what needs to be wired where, i've attached pictures of the control panel in the boiler and the install manual page from the hive.

I understand live goes to live, neutral to neutral, common is jumpered live also, the switched or 'call' line which i think is Ls needs to go to pin 3 on the hive?

if anyone can confirm or otherwise the above it would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Attachments

• hive.png
    hive.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 508
  • worcester.jpg
    worcester.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,171
Sponsored Links
You have worked it out correctly. You should have the single channel version, so:

Remove the link at the boiler between terminals Ls and Lr

The Ls on the Boiler is Live supply. This is the live supply to the Hive
The Ns on the boiler is the Neutral supply.This is the neutral to the Hive
The Lr on the boiler is the Live return (switched live) this goes to terminal 3 on the Hive 'heating on'

You then need to inset a link between the permanent live and terminal 1 (Common) at the Hive.

I'm not sure about the internal wiring of the boilers existing manual timeswitch. You may find that you have to set it permanently 'on' to then allow the Hive to take overall control.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back