Installing Honeywell DT92E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
Please don't throw rocks at me, I know there've been number of similar threads, however after reading them i became even more confused.

We never had any thermostats before in our house, so after research I decided to plump for Honeywell DT92E. But when I opened my junction box I was like "Holy crap!"

So anyway, I made photo, would like to aplologise for blurry image, hopefully someone would be able to help me.

Starting from the left:
1st wire (going under two other wires) - Danfoss FP715 programmer
2nd wire - Danfoss HSA3 3way valve actuator
3rd wire - grundfos pump
4th wire - mains (I think)
5th wire - Danfoss thermostat type AT (on HW cylinder)
6th wire - Baxi solo 2 40 PF boiler (I think)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you can make it simple please (e.g. connect brown wire from pump to B terminal on Honeywell actuator)

Thanks, Jay

Sponsored Links
You need to find which terminal the white wire from the HSA 3 goes into.

There will be a second wire in this terminal from the FP715.

Move the white wire to a spare terminal and connect it to terminal B on the DT92E receiver.

Connect terminal A of the receiver to the terminal which the white wire was originally connected to.

Terminals L and N of the receiver should be connected to a permanent mains supply in the junction box.

Hi,
Thank you very much for such quick reply. However, one thing:
There isn't any white wires going from HSA3, i have blue(N), brown/white(L)(going to terminal 4 on picture),grey(Going to terminal 6) and orange(terminal 5). Hmmm.......

No power on the brown or grey =port B open.

Power on the brown is mid position.

Power on the grey is port A open and the one you are looking for.

Sponsored Links
No power on the brown or grey =port B open.

Power on the brown is mid position.

Power on the grey is port A open and the one you are looking for.
Sorry, but I think you are wrong.

The grey wire is connected to the cylinder stat SAT and Programmer HW OFF. It's the brown/white wire (why can't manufacturers agree on standard colours?) which should be moved to a spare terminal and then connected to terminal B.

Not wrong.

Put it another way.

Brown/white HTG call.

Orange HWS call.

Grey HWS sat.

Hi,
Done it the way Hailsham advised, something not right, there is no flame on dt92e display, so is that mean I got it wrong and should do Doitall's way???
But then grey wire from HSA3 is connected to two green/yellow wires. They ground wires, so that can't be right either?...
And manual is not very clear either, i can't get no flame on display...

The brown or white wire from the HSA3 plus the wire thats whith it is what you are looking for, nothing else needs to be touched.

The brown or white goes in B, and the other wire goes in A.

Right guys, I just had a blonde moment, but long story short- it works, done it the way D_Hailsham advised. Thank you guys!!!
BTW is it me or thermostat shows higher temperature than it really is? I have room thermometer and it's readings are 3-4 degres lower....

Right guys, I just had a blonde moment, but long story short- it works, done it the way D_Hailsham advised. Thank you guys!!! ..

I would have expected it too :LOL:

Depends where it's fitted and the environment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back