Installing log burner brickwork question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a job coming up where the customer had an old fireplace in the middle of a room open on 2 sides.

This has since been studded and sheeted on one side leaving the other side open.

The idea is to install a log burner in heating up the room with the fire place still open to.

Now here’s the question. The fireplace is old imperial brick cladded in stone would I need to line all three open sides with fire brick before the log burner goes in or would it be ok to leave as is and install a fire brick wall at the back to protect the new plasterboard??

I was planning on installing a fiber board in between this to stop heat transfer but just wondering if anyone had any input on this

cheers

Sponsored Links
Mobo_14, good evening.

My first port of call would be the Tec. Blurb that comes with the L/Burner?? Or ask the qualified person who is going to undertake the installation??

Or a call to the technical Dept. of the L/Burner maker??

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back