Installing / moving dishwasher / washing machine, best place for outlet hose to go

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody, thanks for looking......

So my Mum wants a dishwasher, and funnily enough I have an old (but good) one in my garage....... so.......

Currently there's not plumbing for a dishwasher. From my attached diagram, you can see space 1. There's a washing machine in that space currently, connected to the outlet pipe through the 'through hole'. My plan is to move the washing into the bottom of the pantry (space 2), then place the dishwasher into space 1.

So I'm going to have to extend the outlet hose a little. I'm also going to have to make a hole in the wall between the pantry and kitchen to put the hose through.

So my question is, should I make the hole near the floor, or further up - ie there's going to have to be a level section of outlet hose, should it be at the beginning (low drilled hole) or in the middle (higher drilled hole), or does it not really matter

And on a side note, I can just fix both washing machine and dishwasher hoses onto the ends of a twin diacharge standpipe connection, yeah?

Thanks for reading

Jimi

Attachments

• IMG_4646.JPG
    IMG_4646.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 280
Sponsored Links
Hole at high level to prevent syphoning, yes you can put a twin spigot on outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back