Installing new radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

we are currently moving rooms around, so we need a few radiators moving, ive been told to use speedfit as its quicker and cheaper, the problem is im unsure of how to install the 10mm speedfit to the radiator, im under the impression that i need special connection or valves??

can anyone help me on what i need to do the job?? thanks!! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Speedfit won't be cheaper, and won't look so good either, also the thicker walls provide much more flow restriction than copper. You can use normal 10mm valves with Speedfit but pushfit valves are also available if you prefer.

Just my opinion mate but I use copper up to the rads, and then continue with Speedfit for the rest of the way. Copper is much easier to run in a swept bend, and prevents the use of elbows.
John :)

thanks for the reply, do you know any websites, where i can view these 10mm connections?? any links etc thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Jg Speedfit's own website has all the info you need.
You can of course use 10mm copper pipe all the way - plastic coated if need be. Just a few options!
John :)

the main issue is we have spent all the 10k budget so we are trying to cut a few costs on things we have left to do,the family builder suggest plastic as he said its half the price of copper, ie 25meters of 10mm is about 40 and you get 50m of plastic for a abit less
so dont know what to do for the best!

but thanks for all advise, it gives me afew things to think about

Plastic pipe may be a bit cheaper (this varies) but the fittings most certainly are not, and on top of fittings for plastic you also need to buy pipe support inserts to put in the end of the pipe before you put it in the fitting. This, coupled with the fact that you will use more fittings with plastic than you would with copper, is what makes it more expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back