speedfit to radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we recently had an extension and changed rooms about, and we need to install the radiators, back, due to cost we are going to use plastic speedfit pipe,

just wondered if theres a special valve needed, or can you just put a metal insert in the speedfit and use an olive with the radiator valve that alread on?

hope someone can help with this thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks very much, so its the metal insert rather than the plastic??

oh and whats the difference between pb and pex pipe?is anyone better than the other

Use the insert thats designed to be used with the plastic pipe you have chosen, just to be on the safe side......if you use JG Speedfit, the larger inserts that they use prevent the pipe from going deep enough into the rad valve, on some occasions.
The Hep2O pipe with the stainless insert does this better - just my opinion though - and use a copper olive rather than a brass one.
Morning Viper and Kev!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, just looking through, the internet for parts etc, instead of worrying about the inserts etc, could i just use one of these spigot elbows, which have a steel insert already with in it and think is designed for radiators? is this correct?

Thanks guys, just looking through, the internet for parts etc, instead of worrying about the inserts etc, could i just use one of these spigot elbows, which have a steel insert already with in it and think is designed for radiators? is this correct?

yer can y'awll ;)

Where have you been for the last couple of months Kev?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back