Installing new shower - moving pipes and wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have bought a new shower (http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinecatalog/detail.htm?productNumber=Play%209.5kW&section=Electric%20showers&resultPageKey=316145834-0&category=) which differs somewhat from the 20 year old Mira shower installed when I bought the house. For example, the supply pipe on my old shower came down from the loft and connected to the top right of the shower. The supply pipe needs to be connected to the bottom left of the new shower. In addition, I understand that 9.5kw showers require (or at least advise of) 10mm power cable which I can only assume the existing shower does not need.

I'm looking to hire a plumber/electrician to install the shower and make the relevant changes so the shower can be installed. Is this a complex job and roughly how much should I be looking to pay as a guide?

Sponsored Links
The supply pipe needs to be connected to the bottom left of the new shower.
if the pipe comes down from the loft why not connect this shower the same way ?

I'm looking to hire a plumber/electrician to install the shower and make the relevant changes so the shower can be installed. Is this a complex job and roughly how much should I be looking to pay as a guide?

get a few quotes.
we can't see the job, so can't price.
how longs the new cable got to be ?
is it a stud wall or block ?

I appreciate your comments and certainly intend to get some quotes. I'd obviously like a rough idea of what the process involves so I can ensure I'm not getting ripped off.

I notice you are in Essex too, would you be prepared to quote me?

I'd obviously like a rough idea of what the process involves so I can ensure I'm not getting ripped off.

the showers not a problem.
but if you want/need to upgrade the cable i would need to know if the cable is straightforeward to remove or its buried in the wall etc.

i never quote without seeing to many hidden problems can occur.

I notice you are in Essex too, would you be prepared to quote me?

essex is a big place where in essex are you ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back