installing oven/hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I am about to replace a duel fuel range cooker with a single built in oven and a ceramic hob. The house is 9yrs old and the cooker was installed by the builder. The existing supply is to a cooker control unit. This circuit is protected by a 32a mcb. and i suspect that the cable to this is 6mm.
From ccu there is a junction box to which the old cooker was connected.
And from the junction box is an unswitched thee pin socket. with nothing conected.
The new set up will be a 3kw oven and a hotplate 6.7kw. the oven manual states that the oven should be connected to a ccu. I assume that I will have to have an additional ccu ( inststalled by electrician0 to the oven. Could anyone confirm this .Thanks

Sponsored Links
At 42A the 6mm cable may not be big enough. Depending on oven type there may be some diversity. But without being on site we can only guess. Better to ask guy on site what he thinks. But 6mm will rarely be protected by anything over 32A so it is likely you will need second supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back