installing pipes underfloor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing some central heating pipes under floor ,I have cut a trap, the main run, runs the way the joist are runing. Am I ok cliping 2 22mm pipes to this or best of putting a bit of 2x1 between this to make a kind of bridgeing then clip to this.

Sponsored Links
No problems with clipping pipes directly to the joists - use the plastic type rather than the saddles so you can get the insulation round.
Its a good idea to mark on the floor where they are for the future, and keep the pipes down a bit to avoid the errant nail, etc.
John :)

This is not the mainstream method but you could consider suspending the pipes below the joists a little on string/cord/tie-wraps.

This has the advantage that the insulation is more effective and easier to apply and it also reduces the chance of clicking noises as the pipes expand on warm up and cool down.

Tony

ok thanks for response but if clip to the bottom of the the joist all the way across, as the pipes run the same way as the joist, with nail in clips don't think I'll get any insualtion on that's why I was thinking of puting some wood between the joist.

Sponsored Links
You can waste up to about 5% of your heat with uninsulated pipes through an unheated floor space!

Only an ***** would not spend £10 on insulating the pipes! The cheap stuff at Wickes is about 60p per meter!

Tony

Is it a ground floor or a first floor :?: Talon clips with extensions will space enough for lagging :idea:

Its ground floor Have cut a trap in the floor so I can get underneath the floor. I have about over half a meter height under floor so isn't so bad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back