Installing power to my shed ???

Nope. That's a 13A FCU - see here if you don't believe me! (Clue: the '13' in the part no 8413 isn't random)

The ebay seller is mistaken.

If you are spurring off a final circuit you are limited to 13amps.

Do you not think that 13A will be sufficient.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch - fair one Banal! :cool:

Sponsored Links
It just goes to show what people sell on ebay just to make a couple of quid !!!!

I always give people the benefit of the doubt (unlike some people); why not email the seller and point out his mistake? (In fairness, the other NL metalclad switches ARE 20A as they are unfused)

Sponsored Links
Would I need a fused one as it would be fused at the cu in the shed sorry to ask so many questions and sound such a dumb ass, I just like to try and understand it and the different ways of doing it, many thanks with all of your patients

Yes. A cable run needs to be fused UPSTREAM.

Why don't you think 13a won't be enough?

PS. Nowt wrong with your questions.

Yes I do, so if I installed this like you said and I had a sparky come and test it for the certificate would it pass ok ?? or would there be an issue with the 13A fused spur >2.5swa >63A 30mA RCCB >16 + 6A MCB's ??

See those little rectangular things next to the switch.
They are marked fuse.

The biggest BS fuse that you can get to go in there is 13amps.

Please NOBODY come back and say you can buy 25amp ones in Taiwan :mad:

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice things had rolled over another page....

Test, of course. Otherwise how can you notify the local authority that the installation complies with Building Regulations? - and there a =re a lot to comply with.

You won't get a spark to give you a EIC as you have done the work yourself.

So, if you want to DIY, you can

a) Notify the council that you intend to do this work, pay their fee (£200+) and then THEY should inspect/test it, but they will probably try to get YOU to pay for it to be tested, even though that's not how it's meant to work.

b) Don't bother to notify (known as the "Banal-sheds technique"), go ahead and do they work as planned. Get a spark out to whack his tester on for a few minutes, just to give you peace of mind (but no cert). Please note that getting a qualified spark out to check your work is NOT part of the "Banal-sheds technique".

ok I'd like to thank each and everyone of you who have answered on this post, you've all been a great help and it's very much appreciated.
warm regards Ty.
(p.s no doubt I'll be back)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back